Strategic Plan Management Sciences 2016-2021
Vision of Lahore Garrison University:
- To be a World Class University in Teaching, Research, Innovation and Commercialization providing congenial environment for acquisition of latest knowledge so that students may contribute towards Community Support and National Development.
Vision of Management Sciences:
- We aim to become an internationally acclaimed research university that serves society though excellence in education and research
Mission of Lahore Garrison University:
- To play a leading role in Technical and Socio-Economic Development through Academic and Research Excellence, while maintaining International Quality Standards. The University would produce Multi-disciplinary, Values oriented, morally sound, Creative and Entrepreneurial Leaders.
Mission of Management Sciences:
- We aim to develop effective and responsible leaders by creating insightful knowledge having a clear vision accompanying inspiration, and collaboration, we are equally committed to educate and develop leaders, builders, new scholars and teachers to create path breaking knowledge, concepts and tools that helps in advancement.
(a) Strategic Goal 1: To maintain the currently enrolled students and increase the student enrollment by providing the necessary resources required.
To maintain the quality and quantity of the desired students we strive to provide them quality education with compact curriculum, highly qualified professional faculty members and quality advisement.
a. Curriculum: The principle goal is to provide our students with practical knowledge and skills which is not only attractive to the students but also impart our students with the necessary skills required to excel in their area of specialty. To make sure the implementation of practical knowledge, we have made field trips, startup-cups, project displays necessary in every semester according to the subject requirement.
b. Faculty: The backbone of any institute is the composition of its faculty members. Management Sciences of Lahore Garrison University understands the vitality of dedicated, highly qualified and professional faculty members. Our focus is to have a team of PhD’s who also have a sound industry exposure. During hiring, in addition to the qualification of a person all the factors like professionalism, approach towards practical knowledge and the industry are all given due importance. For faculty development, we arrange and attend different seminars (International Research Symposium), conferences (International SME Conferences) and training programs (train the trainer — Introduction to CIMA) at constant intervals.
c. 4rweqAdvising: Quality advising is as important as the quality of education provided. We have a proper placement center, headed by Ms. Saima Ahmed. Furthermore we also have a signed MOU with Rozee.pk which immensely help students get all the possible information and guidance required.
(b) Strategic Goal 2: Create academic, business and community partnerships.
An important aspect to provide quality education includes creating access to the experiences that will help students further their professional goals. We can do this through developing partnerships with other academic institutions, local and regional businesses, and community organizations.
a. Academic Partnerships: We have already entered into several partnerships with LIMA, CASE, and International Strategic Business consultants (Pvt.), Generic Planet, National Testing Service-Pakistan and Rozee.pk to allow students to further their academic studies with minimal of difficulty. We recognize that these partnerships are important for both students and the Business School and will continue to enter into partnerships that create value for all involved, as well as maintain and strengthen existing partnerships.
b. Business: Business partnerships provide the foundation for the University’s advisory board and provide access for student internships and job placement opportunities. We currently have signed MOU’s with International Strategic Business consultants (Pvt.), Generic Planet and ICMAP. In order to maintain a marketable curriculum and to provide real-world experiences for students, the university will continue to develop relationships with local and international business leaders.
c. Community: An important aspect of student and faculty development is learning to serve those in our community. To this end, we strive to establish partnerships with organizations in the community that will allow both faculty and students the opportunity to be involved in the community and serve our neighbors. So far we have joined hands in partnership with WCLAP and intend to join many more. In addition we are an active member of many campaigns like Blood donation campaign, Traffic Rules campaign, Plantation — Go Green campaign. Human Rights Awareness campaign, and WWF (World Wildlife Foundation — International ECO Internship Program). In creating corporate social awareness we realize our role and play our part by celebrating Pink Ribbon Day, Cleanliness Day, Resolution day, and Walk against Terrorism.
(c) Strategic Plan 3: Infrastructure
We will create a customer-focused organizational infrastructure that carries the University into the future. We will cultivate efficient and effective operations and provide space necessary to support continued growth of our business school.
a. Redesign the organizational structure of the College:
- Redefine the organizational areas to keep them manageable in the face of explosive growth.
- Create support infrastructures for our growing programs as well as for our expanding physical facilities.
- Enhance the administrative experience of the faculty to prepare them for future administrative opportunities.
b. Create a physical environment conducive to knowledge creation and knowledge transfer
- Renovation of the existing building.
- Create faculty lounges.
- Create separate student’s common rooms in every building.
- Construction of a building block solely dedicated to Management Sciences Business School.
- Extension of a block for M.Phil. Students and PhD faculty. Fully equipped state of the art PhD faculty block to promote research culture.
(d) Strategic Plan 4: Establish Research
Lahore Garrison University is focused onto the research as research is the main theme of running an educational institution. Research of the university is where the institute makes it mark, change the society, world and people for the better. To provide better research outputs our institute will work on three different types of research projects on three different levels to support every kind of quality research. Plus provide the environment, which is necessary for the research and will complement all our faculty and research candidates.
- Extensive use of networks.
- Tracking emerging talent.
- Using national recruitment mechanisms.
- Hosting visiting scholars and talented prospective applicants.
b. Selection criteria for academic positions include elements concerned with the research leadership potential of candidates.
- Including capabilities related to collaboration and strategic orientation.
- Innovative thinking.
- Research student supervision.
- Entrepreneurial capabilities
c. Excellent research performance as measured by
- External grant income,
- Weighted publications,
- Numbers and completions of higher degree by research candidates.
- Citation indices.
- High level collaborations
d. Centralized Research Centre: An independent researcher or a research Centre director is a member of all academic selection panels.
e. Expand our research infrastructure
- Enhance and institutionalize a standing faculty “Research Committee” to monitor and advise on research at the College level.
- Reduce teaching and service load for faculty with high research output.
- Hire a statistician/database manager to assist faculty with their research.
(e) Strategic Plan 5: IT Up-Gradation
In today’s business environment, just being good is not good enough for organizations who want their students and employees to excel and keep ahead in the corporate race. Constant skill up gradation is a key issue, and is fast gaining ground as organizations are growing larger and branching out in different geographies. Understanding the need of the hour we are also preparing ourselves to the meet the challenging external environment and to improve the quality of education.
a. PERN: It is a digital access to the online library of national and
international journals and books. It not only improves the availability and quality of literary work but also improves the quality and quantity of research work by both the students as well as the faculty members.
b. ERP and Moodle: An ERP system is a single software solution which integrates accounts, personal, inventory as well as human resource and all other departments under the umbrella of one single software which will collect, store and manage data from different departments of the university including admin and accounts department and by using data will help the higher authorities in decision making and define the future strategy of the institute. This is a step towards Digital/Automatic automation for Lahore Garrison University. Moodle is a technology based system that can be accessed through the internet that has all the subject related material and direct contact with teachers and providing assignments etc. which will be at ease for the students and teachers as well. A few examples of the functionality of our ERP system will be as follows:
- Automating Processes:
Advanced ERP solutions have many options for streamlining departmental procedures and reducing reliance on manual processes, saving both time and money. Better accounting, billing and reconciliation from an ERP system often contribute to a reduction in the number of days for accounts receivable, while improved inventory management leads to higher turnover and return on assets.
2. Enterprise Analytics:
A graphical, user-friendly interface with trend analysis and exception reporting replaces pages of financial information, and a clear, top-level dashboard view is critical to effectively monitor business performance.
3. Integrated HRM:
A traditional HRM operating separately to ERP misses many opportunities provided by an integrated solution. It is now possible to fully integrate HRM in a more dynamic and real-time way to your traditional ERP transactional system delivering the ultimate goal of a single view of the HRM officer. A solution with integrated best-of-breed HRM and best-of-breed ERP provides the facility to retain and service customers more effectively, at the same time as focusing on growth and new faculty member’s acquisition.
4. Improved Mobility:
Mobility is moving into the mainstream. Its growing popularity comes from the ability for workers to use their ERP applications on their mobile devices, not just in the office. Admin staff no longer has to walk to a computer to enter data, and teachers in the class can easily maintain records and check schedules. The ability for users to now access inventory and student information and process results, marks and reports without needing access to a corporate network system provides significant improvements to service quality, productivity, data capture, and an increased competitive advantage.
5. Integrated Web:
University can reduce costs by providing self-service options to enable students to help themselves. With a web-based self-service portal delivered through ERP, institute will be now able to offer students and faculty members and admin 24/7 access to their subjects, classes, material, assignments etc. without staff needing to be available around the clock. An advanced ERP software system also allows deployment of a multi-channel strategy designed for convenience and flexibility in how students and teachers work. Once this system is deployed, things will become streamline. and the cost will be reduced for the University.
c. LMS (Learning Management System):
Automated time table generators can be use for the faculty so the classes time slots do not overlap by using the genetic algorithm approach for university scheduling, by using this method we will be able to make the best use of all faculty subject demands, this way we will be able to save a lot of time and cover the course effectively. This software will help take all the issues LGU is facing at the moment. The LMS system will also include the timetable system. The time table system will provide students with opportunity to choose their own subjects of choice and they will also be able to choose the teacher of their own choice and choose the days and classes of their own choice will using an online portal hence reducing the effort and cost and deficiency of the system which already is running in LGU. The learning management system will be a hub for everything for students as well as the faculty members to put on the road map of a course, its material, exercises and assignments and even will be able to communicate with their students. On the other hand students will be able to access, choose their subjects of choice which are being offered as well as download the road map, course material, see their assignments, complete them and upload them back on it on required dates. They will also be able to talk to other students as well as their teachers and can get help in assignments and course from their online tutors. This will bring revolutionary change in LGU. Our plan is to implement this system in LGU in coming year.
(f) Strategic Plan 6: Revenue Generation
We will continue to build financial and resource strength. In the face of a challenging economy and declining financial support from the State and the Federal government, we will continue to raise funds through graduate student enrollment, professional and executive education. These funds will be used to fill our most pressing needs with a wish list including a desired expansion of the existing building, an additional office building on campus to house faculty, additional faculty, and a scholarship fund to support experiential educational activities, and additional professorships and research funds.
a. Generate additional contributions to surplus from market-rate programs
- Grow graduate enrollment over the next five years as shown in the graph.
- Set and meet annual enrollment targets for each graduate program.
- Attract more nonresident students.
- Identify new program opportunities and implement those deemed appropriate.
- Increase revenue from profitable market-rate programs.
b. Generate additional revenue from multi-year funding and endowments
- Encourage targeted class and alumni group funding.
- Support the University Capital Campaign by growing our endowment — at levels compatible with University’s goals.
- Set and meet “stretch” annual fund-raising targets.
c. Generate additional contributions to surplus through executive and professional programs tailored to the needs of our constituency
- Develop a strategic plan for the Office of Executive and Professional Education Programs — a plan with strong emphasis on both growing profits for investment in University initiatives and focused on the key strategic themes of the University.
- Launch of executive education program view as preferred institution through significant focus on well-defined high-demand niches where our faculty members have exceptional/branded reputations.