The Department of Computer Science is the largest department at Lahore Garrison University in terms of faculty and student strength. The department aims to generate a continuous stream of new scientific and technical knowledge; and to transform the young talented students into leaders of technology organizations. In order to fulfill its mission, the department strives to create a culture that attracts, develops, and retains the best available scientific and technical minds. The Department of Computer Science encourages its faculty members and students to undertake research & development and engage in collaborative work with industry. This provides them insight into the real-world problems and they strive to find out pragmatic solutions for industry. The Computer Science departments’ objective is to discover, preserve and disseminate knowledge and produce technology leaders through creative work. In addition, we aim to produce quality human resource that plays an important role in technological advancement and sustainable growth of the society. Our faculty, students, alumni, and staff endeavor to achieve these objectives with responsibility and fidelity.
To empower the graduates to be technologically proficient, innovative, self-motivated and responsible citizens, and to contribute significantly towards being a center of excellence in providing quality education, through a conducive teaching and research environment, that responds swiftly to the challenges of the ever-changing world.
Building upon our strengths, interdisciplinary approach, innovation and collaborative partnerships, our mission is to:
- Advance the quality of our research and academic programs, improving our impact and reputation nationally and internationally.
- Expand the number and quality of mutually beneficial partnerships with industry, and national and international academic partners.
- Have the human, financial, and infrastructure resources needed to achieve our scholarly objectives.
- Create a stimulating and encouraging environment that attracts exceptional students, faculty, and staff.
The core values guiding the department are:
- Commitment to high-quality undergraduate education and student success.
- Quality assurance of academic programs through disciplinary accreditation.
- Continuous program improvement through assessment of program educational objectives and student outcomes.
- New initiatives and programs with changes in technology and global interdependence.
- Continued professional development of faculty members and scholarly contributions to the discipline.